[mythtv-users] Playback stuttering when using NFS share

Dom H speedsix.lists at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 10 20:48:53 UTC 2006

Hi,

This seems to be a recent thing but myth playback started stuttering, I got
rid of the mount to the NFS share on the backend myth was using
(/mnt/myth/tv) to force it to use the myth protocol and playback is now
smooth.

Both backend/frontend are Ubuntu Dapper with NFS client/server set up in the
usual way. I can stream the recorded mpegs with Xine over this share but
myth doesn't play smoothly, stutters every second or so. Any ideas?

Standard 100mbit connection between the two.

Regards

Dom