[mythtv-users] Persistant Hanging

David Rees drees76 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 19:57:23 UTC 2006

On 8/10/06, M@ <msheppard at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. HANGING - after about 8 hrs the system hangs - it displays the menu or
> whatever was being watchign in frozen state and does not respond to any
> keystrokes.

This sounds like either a hardware or kernel problem. Are you sure the
hardware is stable? Try running mem test for a few hours and if that's
OK, download the Mersenne prime program and run it in torture mode for
a few hours.

> 2. TIME DRIFT - it always seems to drift off about 1300 seconds - so
> everytime I go to watch TV or a DVD I run the "ntpdate (server)" command and
> it synchs and is fine for a few hours.

This also points to a kernel or hardware problem. Are you using the
latest Knoppmyth version?

-Dave