[mythtv-users] Persistant Hanging

M@ msheppard at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 17:52:48 UTC 2006

Hello:
I've been running my knoppyixmyth system on an IBM Netvista with a Hauppague
dual head turner.  The system has two major problems that I'm at a loss to
fix (I've spent the past several months trying to find the answers):

1. HANGING - after about 8 hrs the system hangs - it displays the menu or
whatever was being watchign in frozen state and does not respond to any
keystrokes.

2. TIME DRIFT - it always seems to drift off about 1300 seconds - so
everytime I go to watch TV or a DVD I run the "ntpdate (server)" command and
it synchs and is fine for a few hours.

Any pointers to advice on either problem would be awsome.  I'm kind of at my
wits end on the system.  It could be SO much better - but as it the
recorings are almost always off, the system is always hung when I turn it
on, and those two problems are stopping me from doing anything really "kewl"
with it - becuase all the time I spend is spent looking for the solutions to
problems 1 + 2.

M@