[mythtv-users] Issues with guide.xml & channels.conf (Sydney, AU)

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Thu Aug 10 07:01:15 UTC 2006

Bruce Nordstrand wrote:
> Daniel Walton wrote:
>
>> I got mine to work by:
>>
>> #1 - adding the new video source which created channels by downloading info from
>> datadirect.  These have the correct xmltv IDs but you can't tune them in at this
>> point.
>>
>> #2 - bind the new video source to my dvb card
>>
>> #3 - import my channels.conf file.  The channels created were numbered 501, 502,
>> etc just like you saw.  It sounds like your dvbscan picked up a name for each
>> channel so you were lucky :) I had to flip through each channel, watch the show
>> for a few minutes and compare it to the channel guide to figure out what I was
>> watching.
>>
>> #4 - Use the mythweb channel editor to copy the xmltv IDs from the channels
>> created in step #1 to the channels created in step #3.  I also renumbered step
>> #3 channels from 501/502 to the correct #s and I marked the step #1 channels for
>> deletion.
>>
>> Then I did a mythfilldatabase and everything was working.
>>
>> Daniel
>>

> Thanks Daniel
>
> Unfortunately mine does not seem to be working like that. Here's how I
> went about it...(note this IS a test system)
>
> dropped mythconverge
> recreated
>
> simlink rexXXXX.pl to /usr/bin/tv_grab_au
>
> Fired up mythtv-setup
>
> Did general setup
> Defined my card
> create new video source called digital-fta
> as I exited from there Myth fired up tv_grab_au (rex.pl)
> defined time offset, region, fta only, channels named <channel>.free.au
> e.g. abc.free.au
> saved config
> did not grab data
> Myth returns control
>
> Bind digital-fta to dvb0
>
> Check Channel Setup but nothing in there...
>
> This is the point I am at for the 3rd time.....previously
>
> I would have now imported channels.conf via Channel Setup -> Scan ->
> Import from channels.conf
> run mythfilldatabase
> try and rematch channels to guide data without success...
>
> HELP!! :)
>
> Cheers
> Bruce

Update (still no go)

I ran mythfilldatabase which went off and grabbed program data and
inserted 6 new channels into the DB. These channels of course have no
tuning data. So, I went into MythWeb and added the xmltvid's to my
already tuned channels and renamed them to be identical to the 6 new
ones imported. Everything thing else I made invisible.

However, no program data shows for my original channels (imported via
channels.conf) and as far as I can see the entries are an exact copy of
the mythfilldatabase imported channels. If I hide the originals and show
the imported, the program data appears.

Can anyone tell me what Myth uses to match channels to program data. I
am now at a loss on what to do next.

Cheers
Bruce