[mythtv-users] New mythTV Setup

Daniel Hoffman puddlejumper.au at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 00:32:16 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am new to the MythTV scene, I have been using a xbox as a media box for
years and it has finally given up the ghost. I will be looking at setting up
my current PC as a mythTV system over the next few weeks.

I have a few questions about my goals and wonder if anyone has this setup or
anything close too it.
I will be running the following Hardware.

AMD Opteron 146 @ 2G, 2GB RAM, Nvidia 7800GT. 3 x 300gb drives (video) LVM
Raid5, 1 x 160gb boot, Fusion HDTV Tuner.

This machine will obviously be my frontend and backend.

My Hope is to setup the following

Screen 0 => Projector @ 720p
Screen 1 => 17" LCD

The Goal is to have either.

1. Screen duplication between LCD & Projector taking into account the
different resolution requirements.
2. Mythfrontend on the LCD with the Video Overlay on the projector at
suitable resolutions.

Thoughts anyone?

- daniel