[mythtv-users] Rollback to Mythtv 0.18.1 - weird prebuffering pauses

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Wed Aug 9 12:52:34 UTC 2006

> OK - noted - if you have no problems with xebian then I think
> that I'll switch over from Gentoo!
>
> thanks
>
> Stephen

No problems at all. I was even able to completely upgrade the distro via
apt-get. Look back thru the archives to find the thread where the author
announced the release. I think the title was: Optimum compile settings for
xbox.

Of course thats only for the xbox. On the combined front/backend machine I
am running FC4. It started out as a MythDora install but quickly evolved
into a full feature machine that is also kept fully up to date via apt-get.
That gave me more trouble than anything. There was a dependancy loop that I
had to use rpm directly to resolve. Once I fixed that all is good. It is
running a compiled 0.19-fixes with only the options I need enabled.

Good luck!