[mythtv-users] Frontend sometimes reports MPEG2 errors (DVB-C)

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Wed Aug 9 05:50:59 UTC 2006

HI!

During playing, mythfrontend occassionally prints MPEG2 error messages
in the console. These usually do not result in visible glitches (only 1
time so far).

Examples:
[mpeg2video @ 0xb74247e4]ac-tex damaged at 0 14
[mpeg2video @ 0xb74247e4]skipped MB in I frame at 2 20
[mpeg2video @ 0xb74247e4]invalid mb type in I Frame at 0 14

I know, that this is not MythTV's fault, but since I cannot ask DVB-C
experts about MythTV error messages, maybe someone here can enlighten me
about the meaning or severness or has some tips to fix this.

My signal strength is between 48% and 63%, my signal quality is 4.8dB
(MythTV) or >90% (kaffeine).

Thanks!

Thomas