[mythtv-users] RSS feed of recorded programs

Cameron Dale camrdale at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 22:17:12 UTC 2006

Hi,

I was recently looking for an implementation of an RSS feed for
MythTV's recorded programs, and couldn't find anything. I wrote a
quick one myself, and so I thought I would post it here for others to
use/improve. I did it quickly so I'm sure there's room for
improvement, but it has worked perfectly for me so far.

To get it to work, place the attached rss.php file in your top level
mythweb folder, and make sure your web server can read it. The
attached file works for 0.19, and I'm not sure if it works with the
current SVN version. Then point your feed reader to
http://your.mythtv.host/mythweb/rss.php

I also attached the output it generates for my setup. The output
currently includes the title and subtitle (if it exists), the
description, and the recording date.

I personally find this very useful in XboxMediaCenter, so that the
scrolling bar at the bottom lists the latest recordings for all to see
(and then watch with xbmcmythtv).

Enjoy,
Cam