[mythtv-users] Modeline adjustments?

Tim Scholl tascholl at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 21:39:26 UTC 2006

Cory, Steven,

Tied Cory's suggestion, that actually moves the "whole" image left or right
on the screen but does not effect where the position of the center is.

Steven,

How would I sent a standard a standard modeline in the Nvidia drivers?

Thanks

--------------------------------
Newer Nvidia drivers also have the HDTV standard modelines as
"1920x1080_60i"
"1280x720_60"

On 8/8/06, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/8/06, Tim Scholl <tascholl at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Cory,
> >
> > Thanks for the suggestions I'll give them a try and let you know!
> >
> > Tim

> > transition

> > config.

> 1125

> > sooooooooo...
> turned
> > on
> stable, no

> > middle
> the
> middle.
> > > >

> > >         You could try adjusting it to something more like this:
> > > ModeLine "ATSC-1080-60i" 74.25 1920 2060 2116 2200 1080 1082 1088 1125
> > >
> > >         I added 100 dots of black on the right hand side and removed
> 100
> > > dots of black on the left-hand side (i.e. changed 1960->2060 and
> > > 2016->2116).  That should move the screen, but it won't move it
> anywhere
> > > close to half a screen width.

> displayed
> > on
> do

> the
> > left
> > > >
> > >         You might try different combinations of [+-]hsync and
> [+-]vsync at
> > > the end of the modeline:
> > > ModeLine "ATSC-1080-60i" 74.25 1920 1960 2016 2200 1080 1082 1088 1125
> > +hysnc -vsync interlace
> > >

> > >         It definately sounds like the HDTV has having trouble finding
> the
> > > sync pulse.  Strictly speaking, HD-component requires bi-directional
> sync
> > > signals, and that's a much harder thing to generate (correctly) from
> RGBHV
> > > like VGA.  I don't know if the A960 does that, or makes the easier
> > > uni-directional sync.  Any jumpers to twiddle on the transcoder?
> > >
> > > -Cory
>

> Newer Nvidia drivers also have the HDTV standard modelines as
> "1920x1080_60i"
> "1280x720_60"
>

> --
> Steve