[mythtv-users] Update: Script for feedback click

Neil Dunbar neil.dunbar at pobox.com
Tue Aug 8 19:39:46 UTC 2006

Robin Gilks writeth:

> Second problem is that mythtv calls the keypress application AFTER it has
> done something - not very good feedback if you can SEE something happen
> and then it goes thunk!"

OK, so I changed it from keypress application to an irexec'ed app. Pasting
this into .lircrc:

begin
        prog = irexec
        button = *
        config = /usr/local/bin/mythclick /path/to/sound.wav
end

(and restarting irexec) will give you the sound as and when lirc detects a
keypress, irrespective of whether mythbackend has processed it at all. Which
means that delays in processing the button happen after the sound.

Perhaps this might fit the bill a little better.

Cheers,

Neil