[mythtv-users] Success! at long last. Thanks

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 15:22:50 UTC 2006

I'm finding that I must run my machine the same way. Which is odd because I
just rechecked Jarod's HOWTO for FC4 and mythtv-set, mythtvbackend and
mythfillmydatabase are to be run as $ -- the user mythtv.

I just can't believe that this is not a more readily acknowleged situation.

Perhaps it is a driver issue. What kind of capture card are you using?

When you say that you are accessing the files from a windows machine. How
are you doing that? via Samba, MySql?

I don't mean to bombard you with questions. 'Tis a noobs life for me.

Thanks,
Preston