[mythtv-users] Closed Captioning over S-Video connection?

Marc Barrett mnealbarrett at cox.net
Mon Aug 7 22:06:05 UTC 2006

Is it possible to have an s-video connection between a digital tuner (like with a digital cable service) and a
PVR-350, and still be able to get the closed captioning?  I doubt it, but I'm hoping it's possible.

I have a digital cable service.  I can still use a splitter to plug a cable line directly to the card and get the basic cable channels, but the video quality is poor. (I'm in a bad neighborhood, and I need the digital box to have good video quality)  So I plug the digital tuner into the PVR-350 by an s-video cable, and use a serial cable to change the channels.  This results in excellent video quality, and everything works great -- except the closed captioning, which I really need.

BTW, the box is a Motorola DCT2524, if that matters.