[mythtv-users] My Ceiling Fan Controls My Mythtv Sound :(

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Mon Aug 7 20:09:14 UTC 2006

> Every time there's an electrical load on the curcuit that my
> living room A/V setup is plugged into (Myth box included),
> there is a half second of silence.

That is not a surge. That is a sag. Unless the line running into your house
is extremely long you have another issue which needs to be looked into right
away. Sags are usually caused by a poor connection somewhere in your
electical  distribution box.  It is not uncommon in older homes to have a
loose connection where your AC mains enter the house. I would contact the
power company or a certified electrician to check your electrical system
before your house burns down.

No this is not a joke!