[mythtv-users] transcodes to 1.00:1 aspect ratio

Scott Johnson scott-mythtv at cfl.rr.com
Mon Aug 7 02:25:54 UTC 2006

I am using my PVR 150 card to create MPEG1/2 video files.  Then the
auto-trancoding is converting them to NUV MPEG4 files.  That is great
except that the aspect ratio of the NUV file is 1:1.  I used mplayer
-identify to find that out and of course just looking at the playback
using VLC it's obvious that the video is square.

Does anyone know of a simple fix to this?  I hope the answer is not as
complex as following this thread
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/186083?search_string=nuv%20%26quot%3Baspect%20ratio%26quot%3B;#186083

I have been watching the files using VLC.  If there is a simple way to
force a particular aspect ratio then do tell.  I expect this to be a
comon problem since the use-case is so common.

Scott