[mythtv-users] Combine two backends into one? Interesting problem

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Sun Aug 6 19:52:05 UTC 2006

On Sun, Aug 06, 2006 at 06:59:52AM -0600, mark wrote:
> I have a MythTV v.18 box with 320 Gigs of data and a v.19.1 box with 200
> gigs of data.
>
> I need to take all of the recordings and database info from the 18 box
> and add it to the 19 box.  How do I do that?
>
> Is there some kind of extract / insert script for the database part?  I
> can move the actual data easily, but I dont know how to get all of the
> database part over so the video files make sense and are viewable.

It's pretty simple.   Do you have a mysql editor like phpmyadmin or
similar?  If so you will be editing the 'recorded' table and
in particular changing the hostname field.    If you are fully combining,
you can just set all the hostname fields to the name of your new single
system.

Or you can use the raw mysql interface on your mythconverg db
and do something like:

update SET hostname = 'newname' WHERE hostname = 'oldname';