[mythtv-users] Got smooth playback? please post your setup & configuratio

James Buckley xanium4332 at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 6 18:06:05 UTC 2006

I've been down this road before...

I'm using an 37" LG 37LP1D. It takes 1360x768 @ 50Hz without a hitch (infact
it's taken almost every modeline I've ever given it!). But it's getting the
refresh to be exactly 50Hz which I find the hardest. On xtiming, if I type
50 for the refresh rate, when it's calculated it normally says something
like "Actually 50.04". If I use a refresh like 49.98, I can get it to say
50, but I think the value is still being rounded. How important is it to get
a perfect 50Hz refresh.

Also, I think some of the jerkyness is caused by the rubbishy graphics card.
If I run glxgears, it uses 100% CPU (basically as much as it can), and if I
do some CPU intensive task (like opening openoffice.org :P) it stutters
really bad. I think that may be causing some of the erratic stutters I get
(on top of the generally stuttery playback), and may be leading to the
prebuffer pauses.

I think I need a decent (i.e. normal) graphics card. :(

Thanks so far