[mythtv-users] Scheduling: prefer input

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Sat Aug 5 20:47:30 UTC 2006

Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> says:
> It didn't change.  Perhaps your configuration/recording rules did.

That's an extremely unhelpful answer, but then I'm used to such from
you (with
<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/186001#186001>
a prior example).

As mentioned previously in the thread, I don't use SVN so can't
specify the input I want within a program listing. And as I mention
above, the two cable boxes carry the same input priorities. Thus, as
far as I kow, there's *nowhere else* I can tell MythTV to prefer
recording from one cable box over the other. Nonetheless, the behavior
*has* changed (unless, as I also note the possibility of, I'm
imagining things) sometime during the past few months, possibly in the
0.18-0.19 upgrade, from "sometimes #1, sometimes #2" to "always
#2 unless it is already being used").

As I don't contribute to the MythTV source I'll have to accept your
word that the relevant portion of the mythbackend code didn't change,
but that only deepens the mystery.