[mythtv-users] BBC THREE on Freeview

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 20:14:21 UTC 2006

On 04/08/06, Ashley Bostock <abostock at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ticket 1981 was logged by someone using 0.19 fixes, it was then tested in
> SVN to see if the problem had already been fixed but it was found to be
> showing the opposite problem (coming on air vs going off air).  Neither is
> now a problem in current SVN (so will be fixed for 0.20), no idea whether it
> was applied to 0.19 fixes or not.
>
> Ash.
>

> On 8/3/06, Dawson, Guy <Guy.Dawson at eu.sony.com > wrote:
> >

> > Hi There
> >
> > I noticed that same problem as Stephen,  so i've been following this
> thread.
> >
> > I took a look at ticket 1981 which refers to the opposite problem ie the
> DVB signal goes away early.  I'm a little unclear of the status however.
> >
> > Can anyone confirm ;
> >
> > a) whether the fix does sort out the issue of catching the first program
> to be aired
> >
> > b) whether it found it's way into 0.19-fixes (ie the current atrpms build

I don't know anything about the ticket but I did I quick test tonight.

I'm running 0.19 fixes from about two months ago (atrpms) and I set up
to record Top Gear ( the first programme of the day at 7pm) with the
option to 'start 8 minutes early'.

The recording appeared to start at 6:52pm as expected but, when
watching it afterwards I had 20s of "BBC3 Gets going in a moment', 2
mins of news and trailers and then the start of the programme.  It
appears that the previous 6 minutes of non-transmission did not affect
the recording.

This would suggest that the issue of catching the first program to be
aired has been fixed in 0.19 fixes.