[mythtv-users] Scheduling: prefer input

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Thu Aug 3 16:03:03 UTC 2006

John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> says:
> My firewire input lineup only includes channels above 100.

I asked:
> Do you mean that you don't have a way to record the channels below 100
> at all?

John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> says:
> Right.  I have three lineups defined; 1 for analog cable, 1 for
> digital cable (the firewire), and 1 for OTA ATSC.

These two sentences contradict each other. If I'd meant to say "below
100 on FireWire," I'd have phrased my question that way. I wanted to
know whether you could record sub-100 channels *in any way*, which
fortunately the rest of your message clarifies.

> The reason I made a point of saying that the firewire was only for
> channels above 100, was to point out that channel 8 could not be
> recorded on the firewire input.  Yet, even though I told the scheduler
> to prefer the firewire input,

This is a feature in SVN, correct? Because if you're talking about the
ability to specify in a specific recording entry a certain input,
that's not available in 0.19-fixes.

> it was choosing to record ESPN on my PVR-500 instead of ESPNHD via
> firewire.

You're using multiple DataDirect listings (with different zip codes)
to provide subsets of the same lineup to each of your three program
sources (FireWire, analog capture card, and OTA), right? My advice
stands: Go through each DataDirect listing and make sure it only lists
as active channels the one that the associated program source can pick
up. Delete any extraneous channels from MythWeb or the mythtv-setup
channel editor. Then read
<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/216512#216512>,
which I just posted as a standalone reply to another portion of your
message, on how to assign priority rankings to channels and to program
sources.