[mythtv-users] How do I update file size after manually transcoding?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Thu Aug 3 15:45:11 UTC 2006

I want to convert my existing MPEG-2 MythTV recordings to MPEG-4
MythTV recordings. I know how to manually run mythtranscode:

    mythtranscode -i movie.mpg -p 27

(Where 27 represents the transcode recording profile I want to use,
derived from

    mysql> SELECT * FROM `recordingprofiles` WHERE `profilegroup`='6';

)

I then

    mv movie.mpg.tmp movie.mpg

and, to rebuild the seek table:

    mythcommflag --file movie.mpg --rebuild

However, this does not update the file size stored in the SQL database
for the file, as visible on the Program Details page or through
MythWeb. How does one do this?