[mythtv-users] Gigabit switch

Dean Collins Dean at collins.net.pr
Thu Aug 3 14:11:21 UTC 2006

1 got replaced by the factory, when I went back to smc to get the second
one (which they replaced 6 months earlier)......they said the warranty
was only from the original purchase date, so the second one got junked.

Having said that I know my rack gets a little on the warm side (I'm
about to build an external water cooler for my 48RU rack in case anyone
wants to take some ideas on this project
www.collins.net.pr/links/watercooling )

Cheers,
Dean

?

> > > SMC 8508T switch. Gigabit, supports jumbo frames, great reviews.
Under
> > > $100 from Amazon with free shipping and no sales tax for most
> > > Americans, and even cheaper elsewhere. If the combination of the
> > > 8508T's eight ports and the non-gigabit ports you currently have
on
> > > your router aren't enough for your home network, you've got bigger
> > > issues than the lack of a gigabit switch!
> > >
> > > --
> > > Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> | +1 650 776 7763 | San Francisco CA
US