[mythtv-users] Wiki Week - an appeal

Stephen Boddy stephen.boddy at btinternet.com
Thu Aug 3 13:22:03 UTC 2006

On Thursday 03 August 2006 09:14, Justin Hornsby wrote:
> <snip>

Like Alexander said, nice idea. I do have one concern though.

When you read through the wiki it is often not apparent to which version
things are referring. I currently run a 0.18.x production system. I think
most of the wiki non-explicitly targets 0.19.x. In the near future (next
couple of months... please!) we'll be seeing 0.20.x being released.

As a resource the wiki is going to become less useful if we can't find some
way to organise the info, so that people can be sure when it applies to their
version. Otherwise we are left having to read between the lines and intuit,
which is OK-ish for old hands, but will likely be very difficult for newbies.

One choices would be multiple pages for different versions. Simple, but lots
of information duplication.

A second choice would be some form of standard blockouts (perhaps with
different coloured borders) for different versions, along with possibly
standard exclusion markers, i.e.

Title
=====

Explanatory paragraph