[mythtv-users] Priority on Myth

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Aug 3 02:14:01 UTC 2006

On 08/02/2006 02:06 PM, White Joe wrote:

>The situation: "Stargate SG1" was recorded back in March at a standard
>priority.  Currently, "Pokemon" is recorded daily at a reduced priority
>and "The Closer" is recorded weekly at an increased priority.  "Pokemon"
>is recorded at 5 in the afternoon and later that night "The Closer" is
>recorded.  We are out of space, so Myth auto-expires the new, low
>priority "Pokemon" instead of the ancient, standard priority "Stargate
>SG1".
>
>Are there any patches/addons out there that degrade priority over time?

By replying to a message in the thread "Storage on SAN", you caused your
e-mail client to embed headers that resulted in your message getting
buried in a thread I wasn't reading, so you almost didn't get this
reply.  In the future, for best results, I highly recommend you create a
brand new e-mail message and then copy/paste the mythtv-users e-mail
address into the To: field.  Or, most mail clients have a "Compose new
e-mail to" entry in the shortcut menu available from right-clicking an
e-mail address.  Using that will also create an e-mail free of those
headers.

Anyway, back to your question.  In SVN trunk (and soon to be in 0.20):

Auto Expire Method
    - Oldest Show First
    - Lowest Priority First
    - Weighted Time/Priority Combination
Method used to determine which recorded shows to delete first.  LiveTV
recordings will always expire before normal recordings."

and

Auto Expire Priority Weight
The number of days bonus a program gets for each priority point. This is
only used when the Weighted Time/Priority Auto Expire Method is selected.

Mike