[mythtv-users] Remote Wonder on FC5 w/ LIRC

Cool Frood aaranya+mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 18:04:16 UTC 2006

On 8/1/06, Skip Patterson <hunchbehr at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> >Allocating PCI resources starting at 30000000 (gap: 20000000:dfff0000)
> >Calibrating delay using timer specific routine.. 3994.03 BogoMIPS
> >(lpj=7988069)
> >Uncovering SIS961 that hid as a SIS503 (compatible=1)
> >Non-volatile memory driver v1.2
> >SIS5513: not 100% native mode: will probe irqs later
> >usb usb1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
> >usb usb2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
> >.usb 1-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
> >lirc_atiusb: USB remote driver for LIRC v0.5
> >lirc_atiusb: Paul Miller
> <pmiller9[at]users.sourceforge.net>
> >lirc_atiusb[2]: X10 Wireless Technology Inc USB Receiver on usb1:2
> >usbcore: registered new driver lirc_atiusb
>
> >dmesg | grep lirc
> >lirc_dev: no version for "struct_module" found: kernel tainted.
> >lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, at major 61
> >lirc_atiusb: USB remote driver for LIRC v0.5
> >lirc_atiusb: Paul Miller
> <pmiller9[at]users.sourceforge.net>
> >lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin: sample_rate: 0
> >lirc_atiusb[2]: X10 Wireless Technology Inc USB Receiver on usb1:2
> >usbcore: registered new driver lirc_atiusb
>
> >I don't have anything in /etc/modprobe.conf for the remote, when I added
> the
> >following, lircd didn't start up.
> >alias char-major-61 lirc_atiusb
> >alias lirc_dev lirc_atiusb
>
> >/sbin/lsmod | grep lirc >
> >lirc_atiusb 15648 1
> >lirc_dev 12708 1 lirc_atiusb
>
> >irw
> >0000001448730000 00 MOUSE_DOWN atiusb
> >000000144b760000 00 MOUSE_RIGHT_BTN atiusb
> >000000144b760000 01 MOUSE_RIGHT_BTN atiusb
> >00000014e9140000 00 8 atiusb
> >00000014e9140000 01 8 atiusb
> >00000014d7020000 00 POWER atiusb
> >00000014f21d0000 00 LEFT atiusb
> >00000014f21d0000 01 LEFT atiusb
> >00000014f7220000 00 DOWN atiusb
> >00000014f31e0000 00 OK atiusb
> >00000014e9140000 00 8 atiusb
> >00000014e5100000 00 4 atiusb
> >00000014e10c0000 00 CH_DOWN atiusb
>
> >Is there info I'm missing? Thanks for any suggestions you have.
>
> Hey Eric,
>
> I've got a very similar setup to you, ATI remote wonder I with Fedora Core
> 4.  I've got mine working so I might be able to help.  I'll list a few
> points:
> - I don't have anything in modprobe
> - my lircd.conf is slightly different than yours but surfing the web I found
> many versions out there and I think ATI released a few different remotes all
> under the same remote wonder I name.  My gap is 227933 and yours was 227951,
> don't know if that will make a difference.
>
> What is the permission on dev/lirc*? (do a ls -l /dev/lirc*)
> what are your permissions on /etc/lircd.conf (ls -l /etc/lircd.conf)
>
> Lastly when I finally got it all working I was having a very similar issue
> where IRW saw the commands but myth did not.  I rebooted and all was well, I
> don't really know why that was.  Let me know and i'm sure we can get it.

I had a similar problem with my remote (Hauppauge PVR-150).  irw was
reporting all the correct keys but it wasn't controlling too well on
MythTV.  As far as I could gather, if you get to the stage of irw
reporting the keys, the problem is with mythtv, and not with the rest
of the lirc setup.  A couple of questions for you:

Do you have mythtv compiled with native lirc support?

What's in your ~/.mythtv/lircrc file?  If you don't have one, look at
the error messages from mythfrontend.  It will probably tell you that
it's missing.