[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun

jafa hdtv at silicondust.com
Tue Aug 1 17:16:57 UTC 2006

>> If you want to build the ultimate MythTV box and run say four
>>
> HDHomeRun
>
>> units (8 tuners = 160Mbps), then you will need a gigabit switch...
>>
> each
>
>> of the HDHomeRun units privodes 40Mbps and the switch will push it out
>> to the PC using gigabit speeds.
>>

> Just in case I missed something, we are talking about Free To Air
> digital correct?
>
> I mean how many FTA digital stations do you have in your city?

Maybe 25 odd including unique sub channels from San Francisco. San Jose
has a few more unique channels but I would need another antenna as the
current one is directional.

My main MythTV system is running three ATSC tuners and about once a week
records on all three at once.

I figure that two is a requirement for a TV system. Four is probably
overkill. Sometimes overkill is good :-)

Nick