[mythtv-users] DVB-S cards

Niels Dybdahl Niels at Dybdahl.dk
Tue Aug 1 16:23:53 UTC 2006

On 7/31/06, Morten Rønseth <morten.ronseth at webfx.no> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been thinking of replacing my 3 PVR-150 tuners with DVB-S cards.
> Are there any caveats I should be aware of?
> Are there some cards that don't work?
> I've had a look at "Hauppauge WinTV Nova-CI-S" - would this be a good
> choice?
> I'm situated in Norway and would probably receive either Canal Digital
> or Canal+.

I have no experience with pay-tv, but I have tried two DVB-S cards. First a
Twinhan VisionPlus, which could only receive a few of the transponders on
Astra. Then I tried a Nova-S which worked flawlessly.
Both attempts were on the same location in Denmark, so in Norway I would
give up on any Twinhan cards

Niels Dybdahl