[mythtv-users] Can Myth do multiple Tuners with different EPGs?

Carl Fongheiser carlfongheiser at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 12:01:11 UTC 2006

On 4/19/06, Rich Stanton <stantonrj at cf.ac.uk> wrote:

> Sorry if this questions has been covered before - I think the answer is
> 'yes' from reading posts, but I want to make sure before I splash out on
> hardware :)  As in the title, can Myth use multiple Tuners with
> different EPGs?  i.e. in the uk, I want to use a dual freeview capture
> card for most channels, but then also an analogue capture card to get a
> few extra channels from a cable STB.  I know windows MCE can't do this -
> all tuners have to work off the same EPG - so I wondered of Myth could
> do it?

You can very easily assign different channel lineups to different tuners.  I
do just that; I have 3 tuners attached to analog cable, and another capture
card attached to a digital cable box. The latter card only knows about the
digital cable channels (my choice; the box will tune all the channels.)

You only have one EPG -- that's the on-screen display.  It's a composite of
all of the channels you receive.

Carl Fongheiser