[mythtv-users] MythTV channels in Melbourne Australia on 0.19

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Wed Apr 19 08:04:01 UTC 2006

Brett May wrote:

>Hi Rod,
>
>I am in Melbourne and have a Twinhad Card and have gotten it to work
>under MythTV 0.19.
>In mythtv-setup I set all HD channels to not visible as my card won't
>lock onto them, possible due to having a low spec machine.
>I then set the starting channel in mythtv to a valid channel.
>
>You can test your system (under linux) using a combination of tzap,
>dvbstream, and mplayer.
>When I get home tonight I will post the exact commands and some more info.

You could try importing a channels.conf file, rather than letting myth
scan for itself.

To generate channels.conf...
Use 'scan' which is one of the utilities on the
http://www.linuxtv.org/  site.

The actual command to generate channels.conf is like this

./scan dvb-t/canberra-au | tee mychannels.conf

The source for scan, and example tuning data files for many
places in the world are in the utilities package
(named linuxtv-dvb-apps-1.1.0) This package also comes
with szap/tzap/czap   (satellite/terrestrial/cable)