[mythtv-users] Compiling MythTV SVN on Fedora Core 5

Ed Neff backhoes at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 21:22:20 UTC 2006

Working along, trying to build a MythTV system on an AMD64 machine,
I encountered the following bump in the road.

The output of ./configure --enable-dvb
was "You must have the Lame MP3  encoding library installed to compile
Myth."

Eventually, I read through the actual configure script file and found that
it was
looking for a file named "libmp3lame*", where the '*' is a wildcard
character.
But, it wasn't looking in the right place.  To help the configure script
along,
I added the line, "/usr/lib64", at the bottom of the file,
"/etc/ld.so.conf".
And followed that bit of editting with the command, "/sbin/ldconfig".

After those few steps, ./configure --enable-dvb ran just fine.

I'm posting this either as a possible solution to a minor problem, OR,
as a bad idea.  Naturally, I'm hoping it's the former.  But if you know that
it's the latter (a bad idea), then please post some alternative to the steps
above.

I haven't gone beyond the ./configure step - out of time until tomorrow.
So, it could still all blow up, but right now the signs are positive for a
successful MythTV build.

--
Ed