[mythtv-users] New motherboard, no PCI

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Apr 18 13:46:39 UTC 2006

On Apr 18, 2006, at 6:21 AM, Jesse Guardiani wrote:

> On Tuesday 18 April 2006 8:13 am, Warren wrote:
>> I am getting a prototype of a new motherboard, which, if it makes it
>> into mass production could be an amazing FE board.  I would
>> however like
>> to see if it can make a good backend as well.  The problem is that it
>> has no PCI slots.  Only 2 miniPCI (actually 3 but 1 is used) and 2
>> PCMCIA.
>>
>> What are my choices for SDTV and HDTV capture given this
>> configuration?
>
> If it has USB, then you could go with a plextor convertx. I'm not
> aware
> of any minipci capture boards.

I agree USB is probably your best bet, there are PCMCIA capture
devices, but I don't know how good they might be or if Myth supports
them.

Firewire is another possibility if you have the right hardware from
your cable co., and you could use a PCMCIA F/W interface if the board
doesn't have it built-in.