[mythtv-users] PVR-150 Tuner Quality Issues

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 17:04:35 UTC 2006

> On Apr 17, 2006, at 7:16 AM, Steven Adeff wrote:
> > unless there's a short in your computer your case will never have
> > enough voltage to kill someone sitting on it, your powersupply would
> > shut off before that happened.
>

> > As well, a single phase AC power system
> > does not have a neutral, just two prong power and a possible ground.
>
> Let's not get into a discussion of AC power systems, but here in the
> US a "single-phase", 117 volt outlet normally has three conductors -
> a "hot", a "neutral" and a "ground". A 220-volt outlet has hot-hot-
> ground. The hot and neutral are "polarized" such that the neutral
> slot is a bit larger then the hot one (a polarized plug). Older
> outlets had both slots the same size, so a newer polarized plug will
> not fit into the outlet.

yes, sorry, I meant ground, no neutral. Though looking back at it I
meant "does not implicitly have a ground"...

also, in the US normally should be replaced with "modern" since the
reason so many do have three conductors is due to building code, 2
conductor outlets can still be seen in older houses/buildings that
have not upgraded, as well there are still certain conditions under
which the Code in certain states/municipalities allows for 2 conductor
outlets with no ground plug.

Did the OP state where he is from?
--
Steve