[mythtv-users] Dell Flat panel setup

Pete pete at putzin.net
Mon Apr 17 03:55:52 UTC 2006

I'm working on a new FE box to go with a nice Dell 23" flat panel I now
have (W2306C), but the panel is acting kinda odd. I'm running it with an
Nvidia 5500 and the picture just isn't right. It looks like it's trying
to use a different resolution than the panel supports, but the edid info
is keeping me from doing anything useful. According to Dell, the panel
is a 1366x768 23" monitor with both VGA and DVI connectors. I can only
use the VGA, but no matter what I put into xorg.conf, it will always
pick 1360x768 as the native resolution. Myth looks really flawed with
the panel doing what it's doing. But I don't know how to fix it. Note
that TV and DVD's look great, so it's not endemic. Does anyone know what
I can do here? Thanks in advance.

-Pete