[mythtv-users] MythTV channel buffer

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 15 07:23:32 UTC 2006

The problem here is that Felix is using a slightly advanced DVR (The Philips
HDRW 720) and comparing it to a PVR (MythTV) and he's got it incorrectly
setup to make matters worse.

He could use browse - *IF* he had MythTV setup properly. But he refuses to
do this.

On a properly configured sweetly running system channel changing is around
3~4 seconds if that. That is one of the prices you currently have to pay to
have all the added MythTV functionality. *IF* you want to have your cake and
eat it; either find a better solution OR change MythTV so it can change
channels faster.

It is YOUR choice, do NOT impose YOUR DEMANDS on a COMMUNITY driven project.

Steve Daniels