[mythtv-users] Stop DVD from mounting in KDE

John Andersen jsamyth at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 03:10:51 UTC 2006

On 4/14/06, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:
> Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> > Anyone have some insight on how to stop DVD's from mounting and
> > opening a new window when I put it in the drive, but still have it
> > available to myth?
> >
> > I tried commenting it out of my fstab file and stopping the HAL
> > daemon. I have no idea what else could be mounting it for me. It's
> > starting to remind me of a Windows box. "Oh, you put this DVD in? You
> > obvious want me to mount it and open a window. Let me do that for
> > you." Argh!
> >
> Stop using KDE?  Seriously, it's major overkill.  Use something lighter
> like fluxbox.

Perhaps for you, but other people may have additional missions for their
machines than the narrow set of functions you envision.

Really, this sort of reply is NOT helpfull, and NOT appropriate for this list.

If he had trouble adjusting the seat on his Cadillac I suppose you
would tell him to ride a bicycle?

Unchecking Kded Media Manager in the Service Manager portion of Kde
Components, in the Control Center is the proper answer, NOT foisting
your petty preferences on someone else.