[mythtv-users] Nvidia just released 8756.

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 13:29:50 UTC 2006

On 4/14/06, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> On Apr 13, 2006, at 11:35 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:

> >> I'm using an FX5200, 8756 drivers with S-Video out and I'm getting
> >> color in the OSD.
> >>
> >> [mythtv at mythtv ~]$ cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf | grep Xvmc
> >>          Option      "XvmcUsesTextures" "false"
> >>
> >> mysql> SELECT * FROM  settings WHERE value='UseChromaKeyOSD';
> >> +-----------------+------+------------+
> >> | value           | data | hostname   |
> >> +-----------------+------+------------+
> >> | UseChromaKeyOSD | 1    | livingroom |
> >> | UseChromaKeyOSD | 1    | mythtv     |
> >> +-----------------+------+------------+
> >> 2 rows in set (0.01 sec)
> >>
> >> My hostname is mythtv, but I have a unique identifier on my frontend
> >> called livingroom. Wasn't sure which was right, so I added them both.
> >
> > Brad, I wonder if there are other options that may affect this. Could
> > you post your Screen and Device sections? Also, do you have Composite
> > and RENDER both on?
> >
> > thanks!
> >
> > --
> > Steve
>
> I haven't messed with this at all aside from XvmcUsesTextures false
> since I had a hard time getting the res I needed and all that. Once
> it worked, I new enough to leave it as it. I might have added
> ConnectedMonitor TV, as well.I don't remember. Someone also mentioned
> not being able to get 800x600 on their S-video out. I'm able to do it
> with these settings.
>
> Section "Monitor"
>          Identifier   "Monitor0"
>          VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
>          ModelName    "Unknown monitor"
>          HorizSync    31.5 - 37.9
>          VertRefresh  50.0 - 70.0
>          Option      "dpms"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Device"
>          Identifier  "Videocard0"
>          Driver      "nvidia"
>          VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
>          BoardName   "NVIDIA GeForce FX (generic)"
>          Option      "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
>          Option      "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
>          Option      "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"
>          Option      "XvmcUsesTextures" "false"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Screen"
>          Identifier "Screen0"
>          Device     "Videocard0"
>          Monitor    "Monitor0"
>          DefaultDepth     24
>          SubSection "Display"
>                  Viewport   0 0
>                  Depth     16
>                  Modes    "800x600" "640x480"
>          EndSubSection
>          SubSection "Display"
>                  Viewport   0 0
>                  Depth     24
>                  Modes    "640x480"
>          EndSubSection
> EndSection

weird, I can't for the life of me get the hack to work with my 5200. I
wonder if something in the fixes branch disabled it? does it not work
over the VGA output? Maybe its not compat with HDTV resolutions?

I also found that NVAGP=1 caused horrendous stuttering.

In fact, for me, disabling OpenGL Vsync in mythfrontend and turning
Bob on creates the best video playback environment for me.

What version of Xorg are you guys running? I'm still on 6.8.2, haven't
taken the plunge in upgrading to 7.0 on my mythbox yet, though I've
got it running on my two other machines that run mythfrontend fine so
I'm willing to upgrade if thats a possible solution?

--
Steve