[mythtv-users] Video-in support for DVICO HDTV DVB-T cards

Paul Andreassen paulx at andreassen.com.au
Fri Apr 14 12:57:55 UTC 2006

Hello,

Firstly, please don't post html emails to any mailing list.

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 10:16 am, Heather and Aaron wrote:
> Can any one using the DVICO HDTV DVB-T Plus or Dual Digital card please
> tell me if the s-video/component video-in feature is supported by the
> current Linux drivers?  I've trawled the mythtv and video4linux mailing
> list archives without being able to find any clear answer on this.  The
> lack of discussion on the topic gives me the impression that it's a case of
> a) video-in is supported, and is so straight forward that it just doesn't
> get a mention, or b) video-in is not a priority, so long as the DVB-T tuner
> is supported.
>
> I'm contemplating getting one of the DVICO cards for my new (first ever)
> mythtv system, and I want to have video-in functionality.
>
> Any advice would be much appreciated.

I posted this last year:

You may need to load the Linux kernel module.  'cx8800'

Go into 'mythtv-setup' and add another '2. Capture cards' -> '(New capture
card)' -> 'Standard V4L capture card' and select the right 'Video device'.  I
couldn't get the audio connectors on the DVB-T card to work, so I connected
directly to the sound card.

Paul