[mythtv-users] Nvidia just released 8756.

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Apr 13 22:37:06 UTC 2006

On Apr 13, 2006, at 5:56 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:

> On 4/13/06, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:
>> Brad Fuller wrote:

>>> I have the MX440 which is suppose to be supported, AFAIK.
>>> However, maybe it's not supported on the S-Video out. I read
>>> someplace
>>> that on the 440 there are different options depending on which
>>> screen
>>> you are on.
>> It may also be a limitation of the new 8756 driver.  Most work was
>> done
>> on this feature back in the 7000 series range of time.
>
> yea, I have a FX5200, could be the new driver...
>
> --
> Steve

I'm using an FX5200, 8756 drivers with S-Video out and I'm getting
color in the OSD.

[mythtv at mythtv ~]$ cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf | grep Xvmc
         Option      "XvmcUsesTextures" "false"

mysql> SELECT * FROM  settings WHERE value='UseChromaKeyOSD';
| value           | data | hostname   |
| UseChromaKeyOSD | 1    | livingroom |
| UseChromaKeyOSD | 1    | mythtv     |
2 rows in set (0.01 sec)

My hostname is mythtv, but I have a unique identifier on my frontend
called livingroom. Wasn't sure which was right, so I added them both.

-Brad