[mythtv-users] MYTHBACKEND DIES

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Thu Apr 13 16:04:28 UTC 2006

Maurizio Salvadeo <maurizio at icsnet.it> says:
> i've this problem. sometimes deleting a recorded program in mythweb,
> mythtv returns ok and in the browser the program
> desappears. reloading the page the program is always in the list,
> but the file was removed from the directory. in few minutes the next
> time i try to connect to mythweb i've the mythbackend error.  thanks
> for help

I've seen this exact issue (except the listing staying around at
first; can't swear to that one way or another, but the listing
definitely goes away after mythbackend restarts) two or three times
myself. I've yet to see it after deleting just one file (not to say
that it can't happen), but I have seen it after deleting two or three
files in a row. Since almost all my recordings are in HD and are thus
many gigabytes in size, and the NAS unfortunately uses ext3 as the
filesystem, I presume this has something to do with mythbackend
sometimes not liking how the disk "hangs" for many seconds after the
deletion. However, I haven't seen the issue with the majority of my
deletions through MythWeb and can't recall ever seeing it when
deleting from mythfrontend.