[mythtv-users] PVR-350, no vid out, and no modprobe results

Aurangzeb M. Agha ama-list at mltp.com
Thu Apr 13 11:43:08 UTC 2006

I must indeed:

[mythtv at localhost ~]$ /sbin/lsmod  | grep -i ivtv
ivtv_fb                33124  0
ivtv                  205972  1 ivtv_fb
i2c_algo_bit            9289  3 cx88xx,bttv,ivtv
i2c_core               21697  11
cx88xx,bttv,lirc_i2c,tda9887,msp3400,saa7127,sa
a7115,tuner,tveeprom,ivtv,i2c_algo_bit
videodev                9665  4 cx8800,cx88xx,bttv,ivtv

However, what does this mean, and what's the next step to enlightenment
and PVR-350 happiness?

As a side-note, when my box is booting up, I get see a message which says
something to the effect of "Unrecognized ATI Hardware".  I'm just
mentioning this in case it has any significance.  However, when I have
Myth up and running, I can "Watch TV" through my graphics card, and things
seem fine.

Sam Varshavchik Writes:

:Do you already have ivtv-fb loaded, perhaps?  That's one of the reasons
:why modprobe ivtv-fb is silent.  Do an 'lsmod' and see if ivtv-fb is
:already loaded.