[mythtv-users] Still can't get fast forward / rewind working properly on 0.19-fixes 2006-04-11

Jeff Simpson jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu
Wed Apr 12 13:38:52 UTC 2006

> Yes, I did. For me that was a reason to revert to skipping and train my
> family to accept this too.

I use a PVR-350, so fast forward / rewind don't work for me, either. I
just set the keys on the remote to be skip forward/backwards and set
lirc config options:

delay = 3
repeat = 1

That way the key will repeat fast, but won't double-count on single
presses. It lets me hold the key down to skip a lot of video, but
still lets me use one-shot buttons without a problem

I guess it makes sense to try to lose the VCR concept of fast forward
/ rewind. Why fast forward when you can just skip ahead? (in the same
way that you don't need to rewind a DVD to watch it from the
beginning)

- Jeff