[mythtv-users] Plextor USB PX-TV402U tuner setting

Dale E. Martin dale at the-martins.org
Wed Apr 12 02:24:43 UTC 2006

> The problem with the zap2it approach is the scheduling where I live:
> Saipan, a small island where Cable channels are a mixed bag: a few
> live satellite channels, like CNN and ESPN; a number of recorded
> "mainland" channels from the US, timeshifted---a week late; and some
> Australian channels, like Animal Planet and Discovery, which one isn't
> sure what the shifting is of time.

I wasn't thinking of zap2it as a long term solution.  I was just thinking
that if you got the channel tables into the DB in some semi-valid way that
maybe you'd be able to change channels in live TV.  It sounds like right
now mythtv doesn't understand that you have defined any channels at all.

If you can get something that works, then maybe you can edit the channels
to get them to work correctly for the longer term.  I'm not sure what
you'll do about getting schedule info in the long run, but I guess 'one
step at a time' is the philosphy I'm trying to encourage here :-)

Take care,
  Dale
Dale E. Martin - dale at the-martins.org
http://the-martins.org/~dmartin