[mythtv-users] use an msnTV as a frontend?

Karl Grindley karl at grindleyfamily.com
Tue Apr 11 23:28:11 UTC 2006

just an update/report on the msnTV rm4100 for those interested.  (and to
resurrect this thread)  Mostly everything is working now for myth
support, (sound, X, etc)  except hardware accel in X.  Video playback
does work, but only when encoded at the native resolution that X is
running...  Although, I believe it's possible for this to work...  just
needs a bit of X driver hacking, like the XBOX's nvxbox driver.  it's
there, but could be better with some more effort.  Even still, not a bad
box for a frontend.  Even the "XBOX record led" can be made to work
fairly easily.

Karl