[mythtv-users] Popup Bar: Signal 0% S/N 4.8dB

Meatwad meatwad.get.the.honeys at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 22:26:24 UTC 2006

clemens at dwf.com wrote:
> When I change channels, there is a popup-bar that appears, and it
> ALWAYS shows
>     Signal 0%  S/N 4.8dB
>
> is this what everyone sees or do other TV cards provide information
> for these fields?  (I have an Air2PC card and 2 HD5000's)
> [[ 2.6.15.2, MythTV 0.19 from SVN last week ]]

  The Airstar HD5000 (or any LGDT330x card) will normally display 0 for
sig strength. Here is the frontend and the third tick down is the
relevant comment: http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/8/7/160

As for the 2nd gen Air2PC card, I clearly remember seeing faXX always
show up under signal strength when running azap. The folks over at the
linux-dvb maillist will surely know if SS is supported.

--
mw