[mythtv-users] applied latest mythtv rpms and now mythbackend won't record + my display stuck at 640x480

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 16:40:18 UTC 2006

On 4/11/06, Steven C. Liu <sliu at steven-c-liu.com> wrote:
> Steve Daniels wrote:
>

> How do I fix xorg.conf?  It is a file that gets created by
> system-config-display, and it seems to be correct (except that there is
> obviously something incorrect).  I read the manpage for it, and maybe I can
> twiddle with the mode stuff, but I think I should not have to.

That is done by hand editing a file called /etc/Xorg/xorg.conf (I
believe that is the right path).  You may want to look at samples out
there to mimic

> BTW, does it matter that my monitor is attached via a KVM switch?  Could
> that be throwing off the settings?

Sorry, can't help here

> I just fired up frontend again, and this time I tried to actually do
> something.  I was unable to watch TV.  I can select it in the gui, but
> nothing happens except a small flicker.

If you mean that you see the menu option to watch live tv, press it,
and the screen just flickers and does not actually go to a tv window,
then I am experiencing this exact same problem after doing an upgrade
via yum (which I assume did the same upgrades as yours did).
Frustrating and I am curious as to a solution as wll.