[mythtv-users] What might cause a recording to mysteriously stop?

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Tue Apr 11 07:40:14 UTC 2006

    > Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:15:11 -0400
    > From: "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>

    >				 			 The only fix is to
    > close the device and reopen it.  0.19-fixes SVN (which is being used by
    > many packagers) and SVN head will do this for you.  (
    > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/182149#182149 )

I'm also noticing that 19 doesn't actually say -which- encoder got the
select timeout, which makes recovering from the gap (e.g., scheduling
rerecording) impossible if multiple encoders are going at once.  If I
submitted a patch to include the encoder number, would it be likely to
be accepted?

[It's not obvious from a quick perusal of the code in mpegrecorder
where that value might be stored; is there some easy way of going
from either the FD or the videodevice back to a human-readable
encoder number?]