[mythtv-users] manually remove myth movie entries?

Nick Rout nick at rout.co.nz
Tue Apr 11 04:00:06 UTC 2006

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 11:34:16 +0800
tv.mania wrote:

> Nick Rout wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 20:46:24 -0400
> >Kurt Yoder wrote:

> >>No response on this. Any ideas?
> >>

> >it is in the mythtv database (default name mythconverg) in the table
> >videometadata
> >
> >But deleting the files (or moving out of the directory) and rescanning
> >should remove them.
> >
> >And the module is mythvideo, not mythmovie :-)
> >

> Only removing records from videometadata table does not seem to remove
> entries from MythVideo.
> It seems to scan directory when entering MythVideo section and take some
> time for I have some hundreds of movies, most of which are from recordings.
>
> Andy

There is a setting that determines whether an automatic scan is
undertaken. Without a mythbox in front of me I can't tell you how to get
to the option, but it is in setup somewhere.

However each time you scan, either manually or automatically, every
video file in your video directory, and all subdirectories of it, are
going to be put in the database, and all those that have disappeared
will be removed from the database.

I don't believe that the default is to have the mythvideo directory
pointing to the same place as the recordings directory. It sounds as if
you have done so, and therefore all of your recordings are added to your
videos database. You therefore can presumably watch them via myth's
"watch recorded show" menu or mythvideo's "watch video" menu.

--
Nick Rout <nick at rout.co.nz>