[mythtv-users] Stuttering FE

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 23:38:32 UTC 2006

I went into General Playback settings and noticed that the V-Sync wasn't
checked.  So for fun, I checked it.  Now I am not getting stuttering nearly
as often.  After running top and watching TV looking for stutters this is
what I am seeing.  Mythfrontend process doesn't seem to be going above 18%
usage.  When the video stutters I see the hald-addon-stor process come to
about .3% usage.  Once I saw kicker and X come up to about .3% usage.  I
have also upgraded to 8756 drivers by running through the upgrade on Jarod's
site.  After the upgrade, I am still getting the stuttering with and without
the vsync.  It's not nearly as prevelant with these new drivers.  Any
thoughts?  Thanks!