[mythtv-users] Commercial Detection

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Mon Apr 10 14:37:26 UTC 2006

ebroo wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm using the latest dist of Knoppmyth, so this may be a Knoppmyth question vs. a
> Mythtv question, but ... I have turned on the automatic commercial detection, and yet
> the commercials are still there.
>
> It appears as though the commercials are flagged within the recording, but do you need
> to transcode them somehow to get the commercials out?

Commercial *detection* only detects and flags the commercials.   This is
why it is called flagging/detection and not removal.  The frontend can
automatically skip based on those flags if you enable it.  Transcoding
can remove those commercials flagged if the flag list is converted to a
cutlist and passed to transcode.

Kevin