[mythtv-users] How To make a mpg into something the family DVD player can read

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Mon Apr 10 09:42:28 UTC 2006

Christian Husemann wrote:

>Chad wrote:

>>>Just downloaded this.  One thing I can never figure out is - how are
>>>people supposed to know what it requires to work? Documentation?
>>>
>>>I just tried it, and it bombs out saying
>>>

>>> Error: Program 'ecasound' is missing, please install it first ->
>>>http://eca.cx/
>>>
>>>        Install with patch from here for 5.1 surround audio encodings ->
>>>
>>>http://mightylegends.zapto.org/dvd/ebuilds/media-libs/a52dec/files/multi_wav-0.7.4.diff
>>>
>>>                *Instructions*
>>>                tar -xvzf a52dec-0.7.4.tar.gz
>>>                cd a52dec-0.7.4
>>>                patch -p1 < ../multi_wav-0.7.4.diff
>>>                ./configure
>>>                make
>>>                make install
>>>

>>>Not only does it have other requirements to run, they need special
>>>patches.
>>>
>>>Ugly.  It's a pity, because it looked promising...
>>>

>>I'm not disagreeing with you, it certainly needs some documentation,
>>but that's quite a decent output with verbosity on how to proceed!

Yes it is.

>>Chad
>>

>In addition doing a less on the script itself does show all requirements and (in the past) all
>according websites.
>
>HTH
>
>       Christian

Well actually, it's more confusing than that.  The script I ran was
any2dvd and it shows no such requirements.  They are in the any2vob
script.  What it needs is a readme with such info in it.

or maybe it should be mentioned in the INSTALL text.

also I see it says it wants the latest of most things, and certain
versions of others.  I hope things aren't too version dependent, or else
-- well, it gets messy...