[mythtv-users] scheduling not using all three tuners?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 23:42:53 UTC 2006

its not quite what I'd call strange behaviour, but its not quite what
I'd expect.

I've got 3 hd tuners. I'm using the Upcoming Recordings screen to see
what tuners will be used to record what shows.

I've got Myth setup to begin recording ~30 seconds before scheduled
start to account for the delay in tuning, which is usually ~5 seconds
plus the off chance that the channel starts the show early. But part
of this option is that it Myth will only to this when it can, so if
two shows are back to back it won't. Understandable. Except that If
I've got one show recording from 7:30-8:00 and then two from 8:00-9:00
I would expect tuner 1 to record starting at 7:29.30 and tuners 2 and
3 to start at 7:59.30.

This would get all three shows recording with the 30 second buffer.
But instead what I get is tuner 1 and 2 recording the 8:00 show,
meaning the show on tuner 1 will start at 8:00 after its previous show
is recorded, and tuner 3 is nowhere to be seen in the scheduler.

Is the Upcoming Recordings screen accurate in what tuners will be
used? If so, why isn't it using the third tuner to be able to keep the
30sec pre- time I set?

--
Steve